Legacy of Fire
Character Creation and Allowable Material
For the most part, the resources assessable to players will remain 3.5 core rules. There are some exceptions to this rule:
- Expanded Psionics Handbook and all classes (but not prestige classes), and rules can be used.
- Skill Tricks as outlined in Complete Scoundrel can be used.
- Healer’s Belt from the Magic Item Compendium are freely available, but due to the history of the area Rings of Sustenance are incredibly rare and have a market value of 25,000gp.
- Favoured Class and XP penalties from the Player’s Handbook will be replaced with the Favoured Class feature from Pathfinder PPG as outlined in Character Advancement and Combat Recovery
The following highlights changes at various stages of the character generation process.
- Race, Class, Feat and Equipment Selection
- Ability Scores
- Skills and Skill Tricks
- Starting Hit Points
These will be constrained by the allowable material which is noted above. Only races in the Player’s Handbook or Psionics Handbook can be used. Prestige Classes are not available for this campaign.
Your character will begin the campaign with the standard array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
Please note that change in Favoured Classes and the availability of Complete Scoundrel’s Skill Tricks.
Each character has starting hit points equal to Maximum Hit Points x 2. For example, if you are a rogue with 13 Con, you start with 14 Hit Points ([6+1 Con]x2). Hit Points granted from the Toughness feat are not doubled but those granted from Favoured Class are.
Characters and NPCs with a neutral component to their alignment (especially in regards to good v evil) are more prolific within the campaign than those without.